We only achieve success by discussing ideas, not people.
IF INNOVATION IS MY ENGINE, SCIENCE IS MY FUEL
It’s time to managers accept that innovation is indeed science — a systematic process for creating products or services that delivers new value to customers—and not an art form or a struck of luck.
I HAVE A DREAM
I am driven to reduce the gap between what science knows and what businesses do.
My consulting efforts are just one way to bring the understanding of the human behaviour to the society. By starting on you, I hope we can then help the others understand the importance of creating an environment where our innate psychological needs can flourish.
I believe Management as we know it, it's broken. And it's the job of every Manager to make it better.
FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
- I am currently living in Lisbon, Portugal. I don't know where I will be tomorrow.
- I thought deeply about each word on these pages. And I mean each one of it.
- Sometimes I have difficulty to set mid-term goals. They are either short or too long.
- Being a techie, one of my fears is being in fifties and not be able to learn how to interact with the new technologies/interfaces.
- The Economist magazine says I will have several careers. I agree.
- I don't believe in traditional education. If you want to learn, just look at the internet and make your own program. I believe we only learn when we are ready to learn. Search for Blended Learning.
- I would loveee to work at Apple, IDEO or Innosight. It takes time, but I will get it. :)
A VALUES-DRIVEN PERSON
MY GUIDING PRINCIPLES
To keep me on the right path, I crafted a set of Guiding Principles that reflects my values and serves as compass for every decision I take, large or small.
- Embody Honesty and Integrity. Trust follows it.
- Promote Selflessness Management. Serve others generously.
- Long-term thinking on Growth. Do what is Right, regardless of what it appears best.
- Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Make sure you are willing to prove it.
- Responsibility is not doing as we are told, that's obedience. Responsibility is doing what is right.
- Be financially self-sustaining. Be knowledge rich.
- Listen first strategy. Avoid bias judgements.
Human beings have an innate inner drive to be autonomous, self-determined, and connected to one another. And when that drive is liberated, people achieve more and live richer lives.
I strive to create this type of Culture.